THE HEART OF
This summary guide is an overview of benefits provided to eligible team members. Full-time team members are eligible for all insurance benefits. The effective date for elected benefits is the first day of the month following 60 days of continuous employment.
- Health Insurance – The Collier Companies offers a health insurance plan from United Healthcare (UHC). The Collier Companies contributes toward the costs for both single and dependent care coverage.
- Dental Insurance – The Collier Companies offers a dual option dental insurance plan, a PPO Low Option plan or a PPO High Option with United Healthcare (UHC). UHC maintains a network of participating dental providers in all areas in which our team members live or work. If all services are received from a network provider, then the low option plan provides full benefits with lower costs. If services are received from a non-network provider, the high option plan will cost a little more but give fuller benefits out of network.
- Vision Insurance – The Collier Companies offers a vision plan from Superior Vision. Superior Vision has one of the largest networks in the country. Some of the in-network providers include Walmart, Target, Lenscrafters, Pearle Vision, and Visionworks.
- Basic Life Insurance – The Collier Companies provides all eligible team members with $30,000 group life insurance coverage at no cost. This coverage also includes $30,000 of accidental death and dismemberment benefit.
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance – Team members may elect supplemental group term life insurance on themselves, their spouse and their children, as follows. The team member pays the full cost of voluntary supplemental life insurance.
- Team Member – May elect the following increments: $10,000, $25,000, $50,000, $75,000 or $100,000.
- Spouse – May elect the following increments: $5,000, $10,000, $15,000 or $20,000 to a maximum of 50% of your supplemental coverage amount.
- Children – May elect $10,000 on your children. Team member must elect coverage in order for Children to be eligible. All eligible children are covered for this amount. Cost is the same regardless of the number of eligible children. Children are covered from 6 months to age 19, 25 if a full time student (benefit is $10k). Fourteen days to six months the benefit is $250.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance – All eligible team members are automatically covered for long-term disability insurance. The Collier Companies pays the full cost for this coverage. Our long-term plan provides 60% of regular pay to a maximum benefit of $6,000 per month if disabled for greater than 180 days (26 weeks).
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance – Voluntary short-term disability (STD) insurance provides income continuation during the first six (6) months of a disability. The plan provides 60% of pay to a maximum weekly benefit of $1,000. Benefit payments commence on the first day of disability if caused by injury, and on the eighth day of disability if caused by illness. Benefit payment may continue for as long as 26 weeks. The team member pays the full cost of this voluntary benefit.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – The Collier Companies offers the Medical Care Reimbursement Account and a Dependent Care Account. The Medical Care Account allows you to pay on a pre-tax basis a broad range of family medical, dental and eye care costs that are not reimbursed by insurance. If it is necessary to pay for day care for dependents in order to work, either children under age 13 or a disabled dependent of any age living in your home, the Dependent Care Reimbursement Account may allow for payment of some of these expenses on a tax-free basis.
- UHC Voluntary Benefits – The Collier Companies offers payroll deduction for several plans from UHC, which include Accident Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance. For covered accidents/illnesses, fixed benefits are paid directly to you regardless of any other coverage you have and you can spend it any way you choose.
- 401(k) Savings Plan – The Collier Companies has established a 401(k) Savings Plan to provide team members the potential for future financial security for retirement. The 401(k) is available to regular fulltime and regular part-time team members who have completed three (3) months of service and are 18 years of age or older are eligible. The plan allows contributions up to the legally allowed limits, subject to IRS maximums. The Collier Companies contributes a match of 100% of the team member’s contribution up to 10% of the team member’s gross pay. Human Resources will send an e-mail to all team members prior to the beginning of each quarter. Employer contributions, and earnings thereon, will be vested in accordance with the following schedule:
|Years of Service
|Less than 2
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – PTO is available to all regular full-time team members to provide opportunities for rest, recuperation and personal pursuits. The amount of PTO team members accrues increases with the length of employment. Team members accrue the equivalent of 80 hours/year for the first 18 months, which increases to the equivalent of 120 hours/year after 18 months. Employees continue to receive increases in accruals each twelve months of service thereafter up to 6.5 years of service. PTO starts accruing on the first day of employment, but may not be used until after 90 days of service.
- Holidays – The Collier Companies provides six paid holidays to all regular full-time team members.
- Bereavement Leave – The Collier Companies provides up to three (3) days of paid bereavement leave to all eligible full-time team members for the death of an immediate family member.
- Jury Duty – Up to three (3) days of paid jury duty leave within any one calendar year is provided for fulltime team members.